School Rules and Responsibilities
Miller Avenue’s School Rules:
In an effort to “Treat others the way we would like to be treated” we follow the following rules at Miller Avenue:
- We will not hurt anyone’s feelings.
- We will not hurt anyone’s body.
- We will not hurt anyone’s property.
It’s that simple. We build a stronger community by being kind and respectful towards one another, no matter where we are.
Our Rules are Founded on our “Pillars of Character.” They are:
Be someone who follows the rules. Be someone who takes turns and shares. Be someone who is a good listener.
Be kind. Be forgiving. Be helpful.
Be sure to treat others the way that you want to be treated. Be accepting. Be considerate.
Be sure to do the right thing. Be someone who has self-discipline and self-control. Be someone who thinks before they act.
Be honest. Be loyal. Be reliable.
Be someone who contributes to making his or her school and community better. Be cooperative. Be sure to follow and obey laws and rules.
Miller Avenue School’s Responsibilities
With our rules also come responsibilities. In summary:
1. A Miller Avenue Student Will:
2. A Miller Avenue Student is Expected To:
- Treat others the way they would like to be treated.
- Be polite and courteous to classmates, staff and family members.
- Be careful of others and themselves.
- Come to school every day they can.
- Use their time wisely.
- Be on time and prepared for school.
- Never use violence to try to solve a problem.
3. On the playground, Miller Avenue Students:
- Be courteous at all times.
- Be a positive example to other students.
- Lead the way to good behavior.
- Work hard at all schoolwork.
- Help keep our building clean; if we see litter we will pick it up and put it in a wastebasket.
- Help clean up after lunch.
4. On the Bus, Miller Avenue Students:
- Follow safety rules when playing on equipment.
- Do not leave the playground for any reason without permission from a Lunch Monitor.
- Respond to all instructions from Lunch Monitors quickly and courteously.
- Never play-fight, fight, or play rough.
5. Walkers/ Students who Ride a Bicycle:
- Listen to and obey the bus driver.
- Take our seats quickly and quietly.
- Stay seated at all times, with seat belts secured (if available).
- Use regular speaking voices.
- Do not disturb the driver or classmates.
- Use the time to build positive friendships.
- Must follow route agreed upon by your parents.
- Use excellent judgment when making decisions.
- Look both ways when crossing a street.