Shoreham-Wading River High School
Daniel Holtzman, Principal
Kevin Vann, Assistant Principal
Dr. Rebecca Chowske, Director of ELA/Social Studies/World Languages
Mark Passamonte, Athletic Director
Amy Meyer, Director of STEM
Main Office - 821-8140
Attendance Office - 821-8136
Athletic Office - 821-8132
250A Route 25A (Click Here for Directions)
Shoreham, NY 11786
Hours: 7:20 a.m.–2:05 p.m.
Dear Parents and Students:
As we finally enter spring (despite the erratic temperatures) and enter the last phase of another school year, it is an exciting, but stressful time for students and parents alike. It is imperative that parents join us in emphasizing the importance of maintaining their child’s academic focus.
In that spirit, I ask that you refer to the extra help and after school tutorial schedules on our website as well as the upcoming testing schedule (when posted) and encourage your child to seek out additional support from their teachers. Should you have questions or concerns related to your child (academic or otherwise); please contact his/her teacher or guidance counselor immediately.
Additionally, please join us in stressing the value of proper preparation for June finals and Regents examinations by ensuring ample study time and nightly rest is allotted, students are on-time and well nourished for each exam.
In addition, we have many important and exciting events starting in May and continue through the end of the school year:
• Junior Prom: May 16, 7:00-11:00 P.M.
• Senior Athletic Awards Night: May 18, 6:00 P.M., Refreshments, 6:30 P.M. Event
• National Honor Society Induction: May 27, 7:30 P.M.
• Spring Concert: May 28, 7:30 P.M.
• Underclassmen Awards Night: June 4, 7:30 P.M.
• Senior Day: June 11, 7:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M
• Senior Recognition Night: June 11, 7:00 P.M.
• Graduation Rehearsal: June 22, 8:00 A.M.
• Graduation Rehearsal: June 25, 8:30 A.M. (Caps and Gowns will be distributed)
• Senior Prom: June 25, 7:00-11:00 P.M.
• Commencement: June 27, 9:00 A.M.
As in the past, the commencement ceremony will give our graduating seniors the appropriate sendoff they deserve while celebrating the dedication and hard work they displayed throughout their years at Shoreham-Wading River High School.
Let’s continue to work together to support our students’ successes throughout the remainder of the year.
I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.