Shoreham-Wading River High School
Daniel Holtzman, Principal
Kevin Vann, Assistant Principal
Dr. Michael J. Winfield, Assistant Principal
Mark Passamonte, Athletic Director
Main Office - 821-8140
Attendance Office - 821-8136
Athletic Office - 821-8132
250A Route 25A (Click Here for Directions)
Shoreham, NY 11786
Hours: 7:20 a.m.–2:05 p.m.
Dear Parents and Students:
As we slowly enter spring (despite the temperature) and enter the last phase of another school year, it is an exciting, but stressful time for students and parents alike. It is imperative that parents join us in emphasizing the importance of maintaining their child’s academic focus.
In that spirit, I ask that you refer to the extra help and after school tutorial schedules on our website as well as the upcoming testing schedule (when posted) and encourage your child to seek out additional support from their teachers. Should you have questions or concerns related to your child (academic or otherwise); please contact his/her teacher or guidance counselor immediately.
Additionally, please join us in stressing the value of proper preparation for June finals and Regents examinations by ensuring ample study time and nightly rest is allotted, students are on-time and well nourished for each exam.
In addition, we have many important and exciting events starting in May and continue through the end of the school year:
• National Honor Society Induction: May 1, 8:00 P.M.
• Junior Prom: May 17, 7:00-11:00 P.M.
• Senior Athletic Awards Night: May 19, 6:00 P.M., Refreshments, 6:30 P.M. Event
• Underclassmen Awards Night: May 28, 7:30 P.M.
• Spring Concert: May 29, 7:30 P.M.
• Senior Day: June 12, 7:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M
• Senior Recognition Night: June 12, 7:00 P.M.
• Graduation Rehearsal: June 23, 8:00 A.M.
• Graduation Rehearsal: June 26, 8:30 A.M. (Caps and Gowns will be distributed)
• Senior Prom: June 26, 7:00-11:00 P.M.
• Commencement: June 28, 9:00 A.M.
As in the past, the commencement ceremony will give our graduating seniors the appropriate sendoff they deserve while celebrating the dedication and hard work they displayed throughout their years at Shoreham-Wading River High School.
Let’s continue to work together to support our students’ successes throughout the remainder of the year.
I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.