skip to main content


Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program Information

2023-2024 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION is now open.


If you have a child who will be 5-years-old on or before December 1, 2023, you must register if you plan to have your child attend kindergarten in September.

Students who attend UPK or receive CPSE services now, MUST register again in order to attend Kindergarten.

District Office is open Monday-Friday 8am-4Pm. If you should have any questions and/or would like to make an appointment, please call Rose Ann Bozinos at (631)821-8231.

Click here for Kindergarten Open Enrollment Registration Forms: 2023-2024 SWR Kindergarten Registration Forms and Instructions

Registration Forms

Please note: Open enrollment for Kindergarten starts in January each year. If you are enrolling a kindergartener after May 31 st, please use the forms below.

Please see link below for the NYS Education Department Home Language Questionnaires in other languages.
Home Language Questionnaires in Other Languages: http://www.p12.nvsed.Q0v/bilinq/bilinQed/pub/hla.html

Additional Forms (if needed)

(Please click Link to view and print forms)


Change of Address

If you move within the boundaries of the district, a parent or guardian must complete a Change of Address form for each student at the District Office. Proof of your new residency must be presented. Please see the Change of Address link below.

If your new address is outside of the district boundaries, your child(ren) will be ineligible to attend the Shoreham Wading River CSD. You will need to withdraw your child(ren) from the District and complete the necessary paperwork to have your records transferred to the new District. Please contact your child's building for specific withdrawal process.

*Please note in order to change a mailing address to a PO BOX, proof of residency must be submitted proving residency at a physical address within the District.

(Please click Link to view and print forms)


Private and Parochial School

Resident students who attend private or parochial school must register in the school district in order to receive transportation and textbooks. If you have any question regarding textbooks, please contact the Office of Curriculum and Instruction at 631-821-8202. Any questions regarding transportation, please contact Transportation at 631-821-8127.

Supports for Students in Temporary Housing Situations

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act is a federal law that discusses the public education of children and youth in temporary housing. Under McKinney-Vento and state law, students are considered to be in temporary housing if their nighttime residence is not fixed, regular, and adequate.
Some examples of temporary housing include:

  • Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship or other similar reason,
  • Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds,
  • Living in emergency or transitional shelters,
  • Abandoned in hospitals
  • Living a in public or private place not designed for sleeping,
  • Living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, bus or train stations, etc.
  • Migratory living in circumstances described above

You will be asked to compete an updated housing questionnaire each summer before returning to school.  
If you have any questions, please contact the District's McKinney-Vento Liaison:
If your family is approved for services under the McKinney-Vento, please contact Ms. Von Eschen immediately if your housing situation changes in any way.

Homeless Liason: Tracy Von Eschen,
Director of Special Education and Pupil Personnel Services
For more information, please call 631-821-8100 and ask for Tracy or Rose Ann Bozinos


Please print the Official School Withdrawal Form in its entirety. Please submit one form per child to District Registrar, Rose Ann Bozinos.  Please bring your driver’s license or another official photo identification. 

SWR Central School District

250B Route 25A

Shoreham, New York 11786

Please note, if your child has any of the following, please return them to your child’s current school building: Chromebook, Chromebook Charger, iPad, iPad Charger, Calculator, Textbooks, and Athletic Uniforms. Additionally, please ensure that all outstanding fees are paid.  Please print the Official School Withdrawal Form in its entirety.