The Shoreham-Wading River Central School District is committed to the intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development of its students. This is achieved through an alliance of the community, parents, educators, and support staff, all of whom share the common goal of providing quality, affordable education through a differentiated and integrated curriculum. We endeavor to develop each student to the maximum of his/her potential.
A unified community supporting District administrators that have empowered teachers to achieve the best educational experience in New York State. This experience is highlighted by maximizing the potential of each student, ensuring adequate annual progress for every student, fostering lifelong learners, creating better citizens, and providing the best value in education.
- We believe that extensive family involvement is an integral component of improving educational performance and strive to improve District communications to support this goal.
- We believe that every individual in the community should be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe that promoting a positive and safe learning environment will foster respect for self as well as for others.
- We believe that students should acquire, to the maximum of their abilities, the academic and interpersonal skills required to become lifelong learners and problem solvers in a self-sufficient manner.
- We believe that the learning/development process is extended and enhanced by involvement in athletics, community service, and the arts.
- We believe that students should accept increasing responsibility for their actions and decisions as they progress through the school system and that the parent must share in the achievement of this goal.
- We believe that students must understand, develop, and demonstrate the values associated with moral and ethical conduct in order to contribute as a member of a democratic society.
- We believe in an "open district" with the school facilities made available to support a wide range of community activities as the cornerstone of the community.
- We believe that basic computer and technology skills are an important component of a modern education and will provide students with a major educational advantage as they venture into future endeavors.
- We believe in strong administrative and fiscal controls that provide integrity and stability in the District's financial structure to enable the District to meet its short- and long-term educational goals